FACT mix 190 by German producer/DJ Kassem Mosse “blows us away”
October 6, 2010 § Leave a comment
Or so says the first line of the podcast’s introduction which you can check out here. Truth be told I wasn’t aware of this man’s genius until my friend Vicki made me download and take a listen. General consensus is that this is the best Fact mix of the year. Because it’s only up for a 3 weeks I highly suggest grabbing it now.
From Fact: The German DJ/producer, real name Gunnar Wendel, has been behind some of the most curious and invigorating house and techno records of the past four years, first coming to our attention with his rugged, syrup-slow contribution to part three of Workshop’s 12″ series. His Aqueous Haze (The World Disappeared Into An) EP followed soon after, and its B-side ’578′ was given a new lease of life this year when Omar-S remixed it and released two versions on his FXHE label.
It’s testament to the Wendel’s versatility and worth as a producer that he’s in not just with the serious heads from Berlin and Detroit, but those from London as well. A Kassem Mosse remix is forthcoming on Joy Orbison’s Doldrums label, and he recently released two tracks, including the grotty beatdown stomper ‘We Speak To Those, on Nonplus Records, the imprint operated by d’n’b emigres Instra:mental and home also to releases by ASC, Skream, dBridge and Actress. Oh, and Mosse has just contributed to the star-studded Commix remix album alongside the likes of Pangaea, Burial and Holland’s 2562.
The Kassem Mosse FACT mix reflects the breadth of Wendel’s production output, but firmly anchors itself in crunchy Detroit fare from Urban Tribe, Andres, Moodymann Theo Parrish and Leron Carson. Put together with a real mastery of groove across different rhythms and tempos, it’s simply one of the most absorbing and addictive FACT mixes we’ve issued all year.
Download: FACT mix 190 – Kassem Mosse
(Available for three weeks)
1. System 360 – Ph-optik (lowtec)
2. Theo Parrish – Dance Of The Drunken Drums
3. Appointment – B2
4. Baby Ford – Grand Central
5. Theo Parrish – Dance Of The Drunken Drums
6. Appointment – B2
7. Baby Ford – Grand Central
8. XDB – Anilem
9. Horizontal Ground – Ghosts On Acid
10. System 360 – Real Raw (Marvin Dash & Ty Frazier)
11. Nike.bordom – Substitute
12. Robert Hood – Electric Nigger pt.1
13. Andres – change my mind
14. Walt & Dave – Nupontywalt & dave – nuponty
15. âˆ†T – after image (the wayfarer dogs line)
16.Urban Tribe – Programm 12
17. Leron Carson – China II
18. Joy Orbison – The Shrew Would Have Cushioned The Blow (Actress’ Neu Haus Slo-Glo Mix)
19. Moodymann – Silence In The Secret Garde
20. Saint Etienne – Heart Failed In The Back Of The Taxi (All Is Not Well For Otto and Ulli) (Bridge & Tunnel mix)