One more reason to love Livid Instruments: MIDI DIY
March 21, 2009 § 1 Comment
This thing might not look so amazing in the picture but lemmie tell you – it’s pretty freakin cool. This device will allow you to build DIY creative genius pieces of MIDI instruments or controllers. This missing link in the DIY spectrum will allow you to make anything you can think of, plug it into your USB drive and whack away at your new toy to make sounds. Freakin cool. Below is the writeup from the Livid Instruments site. Click the image above for a link to their website.
Our MIDI DIY board is available as an OEM product designed for do-it-yourselfers looking to create their own control surfaces. The MIDI DIY control board provides a USB and MIDI interface to create controllers for music, VJing, installations, or performance. With the MIDI DIY you can build you own keyboards, control surfaces, instruments, and create interactive control using sensors, triggers, faders, buttons, dials, or anything else you can imagine. The MIDI DIY is class complaint, USB powered and the firmware has Open Source software tools for custom development and configuration.
• USB Powered
• Class-compliant no drivers needed
• 16 direct wire digital button contacts with support up to 2048 with a diode Matrix
• 64 direct wire analog inputs
• 14 direct wire LED’s with support up to 128 with matrix
• Programmable MIDI settings with a software editor via USB
• OEM and quantity discounts available, email us for pricing